The chest acts as a block-bag storage container for the blocks to be placed. This prevents replication of blocks by the user. The chest can't be opened with this IC above it, but the chest can be filled by using a separate [[../MC1209| MC1209]], Chest Collector IC adjacent to the chest.
Sign parameters Edit
Third line: block ID
Fourth line: (optional) when 'force' is applied to this line, the block placed will replace any block that already exists above the IC block, except the selected ID. This includes bedrock ‡.
- rising edge
- This IC sets a block immediately above the block the sign is on, not the block above the sign.
- This IC requires a chest containing the block item to be set. If the chest runs out of the required block item the IC will cease to function.
- This IC depends upon a change in state from low to high. If the sign is too close to a redstone circuit that holds the sign state high, the state won't change and the IC will not function.
- If the space above the IC is already occupied by a block of the same material defined in line 3, the IC will not replace it with a new block of the same material.
- If the space above the IC is already occupied by a block of a material different from that defined in line 3, the IC will not replace it unless 'force' is used in the 4th line ‡.