Light switches toggle nearby torches between regular torches and redstone torches, in effect changing the amount of the light in the area. However, the feature is buggy as redstone torches will automatically convert to their lit equivalents due to redstone mechanics. It is recommended that [[../redstone pumpkins/]] be used alternatively for your lighting needs. Additionally, nearby lights in other rooms will also toggle with usage of this feature.
Light switches consist of two parts:
- A wall sign with [I] or [|] as the second line.
- Either a redstone torch or a regular torch above the sign.
- A custom range for searching on the third line (optional)
- A custom max light changes per click on fourth line (optional)
The max range and light changes that can be entered on the sign are changable in the configuration.
Right clicking the sign will toggle the lights in the general area.
What the light switch can do:
- Light up an area.
- Power redstone circuits.
- Act as a door lock.(thanks Baummann1703!)
- Some other clever use that will blow all of our minds.